25 easy self-care ideas during the colder months
The colder months aren’t always easy for everyone, and it can be very easy to find yourself suffering during the colder months from illness and feeling a bit down now the sun has hidden itself away again. This week I’ve decided not to write a long blog and go into details of how we can improve our self-care routine, but just to make a nice quick list so you can easily browse over it whenever you need, and get a few ideas without reading a lengthy post. So here are 25 of my favourite suggestions for easy self-care tips when the colder months start to settle in:
- Always keep a hot water bottle handy
- Get enough sleep
- Declutter your space
- Get into nature as often as possible
- Get your creative juices flowing – drawing, writing, sewing, anything you wish!
- Start a gratitude journal. Write down three things you are grateful for every day and watch as your mindset becomes more positive 😊
- Keep in touch with the people who matter the most to you
- Light a candle, you’ll be surprised how much of a difference a gorgeous smelling room can have! (Bonus if you have a candle that makes crackle sounds)
- Keep hydrated. It’s easy to forget about water intake once it gets cold and replacing this with hot drinks, but it’s just as important to keep your water levels topped up as it is during Summer
- Switch off occasionally, give your mind some room to breathe. Turn your phone off, and find peace in your inner thoughts
- Keep fresh flowers inside your home
- Listen to a podcast, get a fresh perspective on life
- Change your bed sheets regularly, nothing better than getting into a freshly washed bed!
- Treat yourself!
- Write a list of your favourite movies, ready for you to pick from when you need a cosy night in
- Take a long, relaxing bath with your favourite bath salts
- Schedule rest. It can be a busy, difficult time keeping up with everything, especially as the festive season starts. Make sure you schedule in some time for yourself to relax
- Embrace the season of blankets and cosy accessories
- Try out some baking, even if it doesn’t turn out perfectly it will make your kitchen smell amazing
- Do something you love
- Create a vision board, digital or physical for a daily reminder of what you want from your life
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are in season
- Have a stretch. Keep your body warm and get that blood pumping
- Enjoy a drink at a cosy cafe
- Watch the sunrise. It’ll be much later during Autumn and Winter so you won’t even have to get up too early!
I hope you find these prompts useful, and let me know if you have any other examples. I love hearing from you! Remember to sign up to our email list for details of new blogs, new products and exclusive discounts here: www.maiajeans.co.uk